Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Following in Hungry Runner Girl's Footsteps: Three Tangent Tuesday!

So, here goes:
1. I HATE sleeping in. I would rather wake up at 5am and take a bunch of naps during the day than sleep in until 9. I know, weird, but I love naps, and I also love waking up before everyone else. I like how quiet my house is in the morning and how I can sit quietly at my kitchen table and eat my breakfast while looking out at my backyard.
My backyard! In the springtime. Because right now everything is covered in 1 foot of snow.

2. I once had blonde hair. Yes, I am a natural ginger, but there once was a time when I hated my hair and thought the only way my life would ever be awesome and people would like me would be when I had blonde hair. Two terrible highlighting jobs and one summer full of lifeguarding later, I died it back, since it got so whitish blonde that my family actually didn't recognize me when they drove past me running in the neighborhood. Also, red roots + bleached hair=not attractive. I have since learned to love ginger locks, and don't plan on ever dyeing them again, especially since there is still 2 inches of blonde left at the ends that make my hair look really healthy until your eyes drift down to my roots, where it gets scarecrow-like.


3. I HATE the cold. I love winter, but only for about 2 weeks, and then I really want spring and summer. I get ridiculously cold very easily, as in I wore my t-shirt and shorts almost all summer long while I was lifeguarding, even though the temperature was often above 90 degrees. Don't get me wrong, I am all for snow, Christmas, New Years, etc., but I really like the feeling in the summer of walking outside and being enveloped in warmth. Plus, running in the winter either requires massive amounts of time on the treadmill or massive amounts of laundry to clean all the layers I have to wear. I like being able to just lace up my shoes, throw on a tank and shorts, and go!

No comments:

Post a Comment