Search This Blog

Monday, February 7, 2011

RIDICULOUSLY AWESOME SUPERBOWL SUNDAY

OH YES. THIRD PLACE IN MY AGE GROUP. (oh hey like my senior photo? And the photo of me as a baby with cheeks bigger than a chipmunks?)

Yes indeed, I got 3rd!!! I was so happy, mostly because that meant I was in the same group with Navy pleab girls who can probably run 7:30 paces in their sleep. I know I said I wouldn't race the race, and I didn't, but I felt so darn good that I only held back by about 15 seconds per mile!! The race was so cool; my friend Jon ran with me, and so did my Dad. It was a total blast to be there, and seeing all the Navy boys (SO.ATTRACTIVE.) was pretty nice, too. My only qualm was that they did the awards in decending-age-order, so by the time my name was called, my stomach was growling choruses about omelets and PB&Js, which I promptly made when I came home. It was a great day, though, and the shirt we got was sweet. It's so comfy that I wore it to school today....

Workout for Today: 6.12 miles in 50:40. I had to jack up the speed a little at the end so I could make it upstairs by 6:07. If not, I wouldn't have had time to glance/cram my Spanish vocab words while simultaneously drying my hair until it looked like something out of Flashdance.

I'm off to go nap before the gym. I'll probably post more later tonight after dinner and proofreading my English essay. Happy trails.

OH YEAH. IT'S SUPPOSED TO SNOW TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment