Search This Blog

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Eleven Miles of Gregory House and Gina and Pat Neely.. Do Thursdays Get Any Better?!

My day was ridiculously awesome, and started with the breakfast of running champions who get the hungry-mungries no matter how much they are running later that morning. Mojo bar, nanner, and a half bagel with PB&J and sliced banana was exactly what I needed to fill me up for the run ahead. Sorry for the bite in the bagel... I was ravenous and couldn't resist a bite while I searched for the camera.
   Do you eat big breakfasts before your long runs and races? I have to- I eat twice in the morning before lunch, so going a long time without a lot of food throws my body out of balance and REALLY upsets my stomach, which is not a good thing before a long run or race!! Gotta keep that tank topped off.
   I did 11.25 miles in 99 minutes and 35 seconds.. I think. I meant to take a picture to show you all my lovely little treadmill spread that I had, with my towel, gels, and Powerade, but alas, I only thought to do so mid-way into the run, and afterwards, I needed a shower way more. It was an awesome run- I was totally in the zone, and the hill repeats kept it from turning into a "dreadmill" session. I have a hilly 10-mile race coming up later this month, so I did 3 minutes at 2% incline, 3 minutes at 2.5%, 3 minutes at 3.0%, 1 minute at 3.5%, and 2 minutes at 1%, and repeated that 8 times. I like having sets like that to do- counting them off as I go helps the time pass, and I know that once I hit the halfway point, I can tough it out to the end no matter how hard the hills are (today's felt pretty good- I guess all the hilly early-morning 6-milers have helped!!!).
 After the run, I had promised myself an omelette the size of my face and some French toast:
    
SO.GOOD.
The recipe for the French Toast that was actually a PB&J-Stuffed French Toast, since you know I can't go for a long run without it being followed by a PB&J:

PB&J Stuffed French Toast:
1 PB&J sandwich (slice fruit on the inside makes it extra yummy)
1 whole egg
Dashes of cinnamon and nutmeg
About ¼ cup of milk

  1. Make sandwich!
  2. Mix egg, milk, and spices in a bowl large enough to dip the sandwich in.
  3. Turn on your burner, and heat the pan at a medium setting (don’t forget to spray it!)
  4. Dip each side of the sandwich in the egg mix.
  5. When the pan is hot, carefully place the sandwich in the pan.
  6. Turn heat down to 3, and give sandwich about 2-3 minutes to crisp-up.
  7. CAREFULLY flip over, and allow other side to crisp up, same amount of time.
  8. When done, put onto plate, put some syrup and fruit ontop, and enjoy!!
So good! And the omelette had 1 whole egg, 3 egg whites, tomatoes, green peppers, red onion, onion and garlic powders, and parmesan cheese. It was delicious and totally hit the spot, as did the French toast, which I put a little sugar-free chocolate syrup and sugar-free maple syrup on. I also had some cottage cheese with cereal and fruit, since I tend to get hungry an hour after my post-run lunch, and I knew I'd be asleep in an hour and wouldn't want to get up and make anything.
  I slept for a whole hour today- something I rarely get to do now that my life seems to be getting so busy! Today also included some grocery shopping, homework, reading (almost done UltraMarathon Man!!), and then a trip to the gym for
-45 minutes speed program on bike with intervals of 1-legged drills (my quads were tingly from working so hard!!)
-25 minutes of strength program on elliptical
-30 minutes weights/strength exercises.
 

  I also found another half marathon to do in early April. I have one already in late April, but the one I found is in my brother's college town, which is also the town and college I want to go to (cross your fingers I get in so my brother can cook amazing food for me and I don't have to go the dining hall. I love it when he is home because the house always smells like the spices he uses when he makes us elaborate lunches and dinners. Plus, if I go there, we can go grocery shopping together, and I LOVE GROCERY SHOPPING, especially with him. He's like me and likes to wander into every aisle). I'd get to visit him on his day off from classes, chill at his apartment the night before, and then get a great tour of the city on my run! I just have to ask Coach Superwoman to make sure we can fit it in the schedule.. it's getting pretty full! 3 races just in the next 4 weeks!!

I'm off to bed- have to get up early tomorrow for an easy 5-miler, then after school to the gym so I can have the rest of the evening to go see The King's Speech and sneak a sandwich into the theatre from Panera (because sneaking food into movie theaters is as rebellious as I get).

Quote from today: "Your milk comes in bags. BAGS!" -Jack from 30 Rock on why Canada is weird. I, however, love anywhere where ice hockey is more popular than football. I mean, it's the only sport where you can deck someone and get away with it...

No comments:

Post a Comment