Search This Blog

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Countdown to Spring: 1 month!!!

  Today almost felt like spring. Yes, the birds were singing, yes the sun set a little later, but, alas, there was still that nip of winter chill in the air. I myself have no favorite season, so I basically greet every season the same: extreme excitement couple with fond memories of the year's past season, complete with daydreams of frolicking in leaves, basking in the sun, smells the flowers, or playing in the snow. THIS Spring, however, holds special meaing, since it means I WILL FINALLY KNOW WHERE I AM GOING TO COLLEGE!!! I cannot wait!!!
SPRINGTIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!



   So yesterday's run was absolteuly, ridiculously awesome. 12.25 miles in 108 minutes, all done on the dreadmill because my lungs have decided "hey! You are going to have to move to Florida after college because we never recovered from your double pneumonia and we are getting back at you by giving you a cold-induced cough. SUCK IT." I am basically chained to that thing until early April, when I will start doing my lung runs outside and my track workouts on an actual track. Easy days will still be done inside because I like doing some runs on the treadmill so I can control the speed and make sure it is a 'recovery run' and not a 'hey let's see how fast I can make it up that hill' run, which is what often happens in my overly-hilly neighborhood. BUT BACK TO THE POINT.  The run was amazing- I kept the incline between 2 and 3.5% almost the whole time, and the last 8 and a half minutes were done at 4%, an incline that a month ago made me want to puke!! Not yesterday, though- I channeled my running SuperWoman and conquered that hill like it was my job. I took a Clif Shot gel at around 40 minutes in. SO DELICIOUS. It was my first one ever, and I chose the chocolate flavor, since who doesn't want some chocolate love midway through a long run? I also had a Clif Shot Blok around 80 minutes, because my stomach was growling a little and I knew I still had a couple miles left and wanted to finish strong.
   I got off the 'mill feeling like I was hot stuff:

Yeah, I am sweaty, yeah, my face is red and zitty, but hey, this is what the smile/grimace of hard work looks like. The evening workout was...
-1 hour of bike intervals and 1-legged drills
-10 minutes on elliptical, strenght setting
-30 minutes of leg strength.. WOW was my salt depleted after all this
   I was totally looking forward to making myself some awesome PB&J-stuffed french toast and eggs, but oh hey, our power went out while I was cracking the eggs! On top of that, I had a haircut appointment in an hour, so I booked it to Subway, picked up lunch for the fam, scared down half my sub, drove to the salon, got my haircut, and came back with some TCBY. Stressful, but froyo always makes me happy.
   I got to make the french toast today, though, which made today all the better, especially after last night's happening: I LOST MY PHONE :(. I am so sad; I have had it for almost 3 years, and after recently beading it during a snow day, was becoming quite attached to the turqoise and blue wonder LG Voyager. I had to order a new one, but I am definitnely going to bling it up as soon as I get it. I may not be particularly girly in most ways, but I love me some phone CZ's. 
    Today I sort of ignored my coach's plan and did 5 miles instead of 4, because I felt pretty good, and I liked the Amazing Wedding Cakes show I was watching. I also did 80 minutes of the elliptical later on and 30 minutes of arm weights, plus a 1-minute lifeguard training required drill to finish up my training:
-swim 1 lap with tube
-save a submerged victim
-lug ten-pound brick from bottom of 10 ft. pool
  For me, this was followed by accidentally swallowing 2 mouthfuls of water, a foot cramp,and a severe chill. What a way to spend a Sunday!
  

 In bigger news, I am now signed up for the Charlottesville Half!!!!!!!! I AM SO EXCITED. Now, I am going to go browse races for the day after graduation... Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment