Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Calf Cramps and Valentine's Day

So yesterday, I decided that in addition to sharing the love with the fam., I thought I would show myself some love by going to bed super-early, hence the lack of blog post. I felt totally rejuvenated this morning when I woke up at, GASP, 4:30. I wanted to get my workout in before school, since I have come to realize that I am not an evening runner- all that produce and fiber during the day reeks havoc on my stomach if I run in the afternoon.
  Here's the update from Tuesday: I got home from school yesterday, I had a surprise waiting for me!!!:
My Mom is so sweet and surprised me with awesome-smelling soaps, one of which was heart-shaped!, some magazines, and a lovely card. My Dad also gave me the sweetest card in the morning-not gonna lie, when I read it I teared up a bit.

For Yesterday's workout, I did arm weights in the morning and core work. It was tough, since I made sure to go straight from one exercise to another to keep warm, and added in some vinyasa sun salutations and some jump roping. The run at night was brutal- my quads were SO SORE and my stomach was rebelling my Kale chip-love (apparently Brad's Dehydrated Nacho Cheese Kale Chips+my stomach=disaster!).


Today's workout, however, was all amounts of awesome:
-2 mile warmup
-4:00 7.2, 1:00 6.7
-3:00 7.5, 2:00 6.7
-2:00 7.8, 3:00 6.7
-1:00 8.1, 4:00 6.7
(intervals done twice)
-2 mile cooldown

I did it before school, and I almost wish I had done it this evening just so I could have kept running! At 70 minutes, I felt like I could have gone on forever!!!!













1 comment:

  1. KILLER WORKOUT!!! Dang woman. I am not an evening runner either...too much broccoli ha!! That was so sweet of your mom!! Yay for going to bed early!! PS I still am doing that runner's store thing...I should probably talk a little more about that on the blog.

    ReplyDelete