Search This Blog

Friday, February 11, 2011

Not Enough Hours in a Day!!!

This will be either a ridiculously short post or a really badly typed one, as I badly need to jump into bed so I can get up at 5:30 so I can make breakfast so I can be at the gym by 8 and home by 10:30 so I can get to my lifeguarding class in the city by 1 and pass and be home by 7 to work on my art project and then get up at 4 the next morning to get a workout in before going to a family breakfast then going to American Eagle to return a shirt I got that I love, but that sadly doesn't fit, and see if I can get some boots on sale from them, and buy Reebok shape-ups for my report card reward (Oh yeah 3.8 cummulative GPA!), and then go nap and eat some more and go to the gym and finish my book and then collapse in bed and get ready for a hectic week where I have to stay after Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday!!!!!

 AHHHHHHH.
Today: For dinner. Greatest footlong: turkey breast with swiss, every veggie known to man kind, and mustard, on whole wheat. AWESOME.
 After the movies, I got No-Sugar Added Mountain Blackberry. I was really hungry even after the subway and a huge, HUGE smoothie I made after the gym. Must be all that working out from yesterday...


Today's workout:
5 miles in the morning, 2 of them @ 8:00 pace with 1 minute of 8:27 in between. Felt sooo good!
1 hour of elliptical on cardio setting, interval setting, and hill interval setting.
40 minutes of arm weights (my arms were SO SORE. I think from the arm workout from a couple of days ago? Literally, after only 4 sets of dumbell exercises and a couple of med. ball throws, my muscles were screaming for mercy!).

The King's Speech was super duper awesome. It was charming and subtely hilarious, and if you like British people and a little history lesson in your film, I definitely recommend it!

Also, best part of the run yesterday besides the cooking shows?The return of my beloved shot bloks! I hadn't been using them since my runs haven't been very long, but I ate two during my run yesterday. They are so good- almost like gummy bears, but in better, less artificial-tasting flavors. I always get the Black Cherry or Strawberry. They sit really well in my stomach, and the best part is you can keep them in your mouth for a while if you want to slowly release all the nutrients. I always follow them with a little water because I tend to choke on that kind of stuff since I just sort of shove it in there and gulp it down. The bloks go quite well with Grape Zero-Calorie Powerade!!!
        Speaking of the purple goop, put it in your smoothies on your long run days- no extra calories, ad you get back some potassium that you may have lost. Especially if you are me and you literally looked like you had taken a dip in the ocean on your run..

Now I have to go check up on other blogs then hop into bed so I can get up early and eat a nice, big breakfast. I have to load up on food early in the day since I only get to eat once during the whole lifeguarding class (kind of a bummer for my tummy- it gets upset when I can't do the mini-meals!).

I leave you with this bodacious smoothie recipe that I conjured up today:
-1/2 cup Powerade
-1/2 cup frozen strawberries
-1/2 cup frozen peaches
-1/4 cup frozen pineapple
-2 tbsp. strawberry protein powder
-1/2 tbsp. almond butter
-1 cup water
-6 ice cubes
-1 cup of plain Greek yogurt

1. Blend, noting that you may need to add a bit more water as you go, since the smoothie is quite think, but totally delish!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment