Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Totally Tubular Tuesday




Dear Spring Flowers, Please come soon. I don't like being whipped in the face by wind when I am walking out, all sweaty and tired, from the gym. It really makes walking the 120 feet to my car miserable.

  First off, Three Tangent Tuesday, inspired by Hungry Runner Girl:
1. I really want to go to Alaska someday. Cruises there are sooo expensive, but I would love to go there post-grad and see the Northern Lights and experience the environment there. I think it would be so refreshing to be somewhere away from the hustle and bustle of both suburbia and the city, where you can just chill with nature, angry mooses included.
  2. I would totally forget about my insulin resistance for a day if it meant I could eat a cream puff and a lobster tale made by Buddy Valastro. I just read the book he wrote... AWESOME. The show is amazing, as well. So much more entertaining than Ace of Cakes... sorry Duff!

3.I mouth the words to all the song I know. With dance moves and emotional hand movements. And sometimes I forget where I am and do it at the gym... like yesterday, when I found myself jamming out on the elliptical and was totally in my own world until I realized the woman next to me was staring at me.. What, you've never rapped to Drake while doing hard cardio?!?!

 In other news, I chugged a massive smoothie an hour before my workout today and totally paid for it the whole time. The workout went great, but my stomach was touch and go for a while. I think it was all the blueberries... too much fiber will do that to ya!!!
 Workout:
Morning: Arms and Abs strength session with intermittent jumping jacks and jumping rope.
Evening: 6.3 miles: 17 minutes warm up with pickups at 7.5
3x 4x 40 sec @ 8.5, 20 sec @6.0, 2:00 EZ between sets
19 minutes cool down
-Elliptical intervals for 25 minutes.

 Also, if you are in need of a good running book, I highly recommend Ultramarathon Man by Dean Karnazes. He is an amazing athlete, philanthropist, and hilarious author to boot! There is also a movie by the same name which is also totally awesome.




Sorry for the blurry picture....








Tonight, I leave you with the funniest quote I have heard all day, by Joan Rivers, whose voice is in the background right now as my mom watches her new shows. " I don't exercise. If God wanted me to bend over, he would put diamonds on the floor." DI-VUH.



No comments:

Post a Comment