Search This Blog

Monday, January 31, 2011

Invincible Legs:2

Breakfast of champions: Banana, Cottage Cheese with Berries and Rice Puffs, Toast with Almond Butter, Apple Butter, Cinnamon and Banana. Yes, I am a hungry girl in the morning.               







Day Two of the Invincible Legs Feeling: I did 6 miles this morning in 50:49, then a hard 45 minutes of intervals on the recumbent bike at the gym, and 30 minutes of intervals on the elliptical. I am trying to up my cardio during the week, since before, I had been doing massive amounts of strength training that left me so sore it was interfering with my workouts. I am still doing the strength training, but I am saving my legs on days before my tough track workouts (like tomorrow's, which=DEATH). I find that when I lift and do lunges, squats, bridges, etc. the day before a workout, my legs feel too drained to run fast the next day. Does anyone else have this problem when doing strength training?


Snack time!!! And you know it involved peanut butter and pretzels. And fruit. And hummus... which is the greatest condiment ever besides salsa or hot sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment