Search This Blog

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Back To Winter

So now it is starting to get cold again, the wind is howling, and there is a chance of freezing rain on Monday... When I have off of school, so there isn't even the delightful possibility of a delay/impromptu missing of classes thrown in. LAME. PM Rain / Snow Showers <------ BOO!!!

  In other news, I find out my collegiate future in T-minus 5 weeks. Am I freaking out? Well, sort of. I am trying not to get my hopes up about any school, but at the same time, I want to be optimistic. I keep on having fantasies that I am at the gym on April 1st and I text my mom to check my college accounts and I find out that I got into UVA and then I start jumping up and down on the elliptical (yes, I know this is impossible on the elliptical. That is why it is a fantasy.).



Rated the most beautiful campus in the world. I have to agree. Plus, I love me some sub-Mason Dixon line hospitality.

Is UVA the top choice? Well, I've loved it since I was 13, it's where the bro goes, so it would mean an endless supply of brotherly advice, whole-grain dishes (the  boy is a genius with quinoa), and an already-acquired knowledge of the town, a.k.a. there is way less of a chance of me getting lost on the way to Kroger. There is also Delaware and William and Mary in the running, but in my heart, I know I am a hoo. I just hope the UVA Admissions Office agrees! Wonder if it helps that I am running the Charlottesville Half-Marathon in 5 weeks.....
   Oh YEAH! Did I mention I am doing another half? I am stoked out of my eyeballs about it; I am not trying to PR there, since the course is extremely hilly and I wanted to use it more as a training run for the Ocean City Half in late April which is flat and fast, but I cannot wait to 1. Skip school for the expo 2. See my favorite brother in the whole wide world 3. Spend some quality family time 4. Continue the tradition of getting Subway and Pretzels on Route 29 and 4. Possibly get to run in my future college town!!!! (I actually went on a run there in November with my Dad to see what the running was like. Because yes, I am choosing my college based on running. Verdict: Hilly but so awesome I cannot even describe it.. What could be better than clean sidewalks and two Bodo's bagels with throwing distance of the dorms?!?!??!). And maybe even drive down there.... Since, even though I have my license and drive all the time, I rarely get highway time since my mom gets freaked out on the highway with new drivers and tends to gasp when they go over 60 miles an hour. Love you Mom ;)
     In other news, yesterday was hats-off one of the best Fridays I have had in a while. School wasn't stressful, my Environmental Science teacher didn't make us do work and discussed Jersey Shore with us for 20 minutes (the woman is an expert, since she is from.the.shore.), and I am almost finished my 2nd oil painting!!! The afternoon included a smoothie with
-purple zero Calorie sludge, aka Powerade
-1 scoop Strawberry Protein Powder
-handful of frozen peaches
-1/4 cup of frozen strawberries
-1/2 cup of water
-4 ice cubes
 TOTALLY DELISH! It was eaten with an apple sliced and spread with PB and granola, and some pretzels and Laughing Cheese. I also took a ridiculously awesome hour long nap, then slept-drove to the gym and did 90 minutes on the elliptical while watching all my favorite Food Network Friends (Paula Deen, will you be my grandma?). When I got home, my stomach was trying to make gurgle-conversations with me, so I made...
BEST CURRY EVERRRRRRRR.


IT was the most delicious curry success in the world. The only problem? I included wayyyy too much edamame... oh well, guess I got my daily dose of fiber in!!
Green Monster Curry
-1/4 cup microwave brown rice
-2 whole eggs
-1 egg white
-1/3 cup chopped red onion
-1/4 of an avocado, chopped
-baby spinach
-either frozen spinach, creamed spinach, or Saag Paneer
-Red Pepper flakes, Cayenne Red Pepper, Curry Powder, Marsala Curry Powder, Cardamom, Nutmeg, Balck Pepper
1. Cook rice in microwave
2. Heat up pan, spray with Pam, and dump in rice, avocado, onions, spinach.
3. Add in all spices.
4. Stir and cook for 5 minutes on medium heat.
5. Add in eggs, and stir.
6. If desired, add more spices (I always add more curry powder and cardamom at the end).
7. Cook for another 3-4 minutes, or until egg is cooked.
8. EAT UP

***I left out the edamame because it was a pain to have to pick it out and then suck out the pods.

  I also enjoyed this with a sort of failed attempt at a grilled PB sandwich.. I did a PB sandwich with Sugar Free Choc. Sauce and crushed up pretzels on the pan, but it didn't get quick gooey enough. I think next time I'll add more PB. Even though it wasn't that gooey, it wasss delicious.

 Also, Twilight:Eclipse was a bore and I turned it off to read blogs instead... and now I am off to run 12 miles and watch Foodography! Best 3 day weekend of late-winter ever!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment