Search This Blog

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Seventy Degree Thursday!

Yes, you read that title correctly. It got up to SEVENTY DEGREES TODAY!!! It was so beautiful- the sun was shining, the birds were singing, all the snow melted, and I was able to actually turn off the heat in my car and drive with the windows down. It was perfect running weather, but sadly, I had already done my workout, and wasn't sure if I should sneak in another run... I mean, I have only had 1 running two-a-day so far, and with 2 races next weekend, I really want to adhere to Coach Superwoman's schedule. So, I enjoyed the lovely afternoon by, you guessed it, napping!!! I made a snack, read a magazine, then laid down to read a book and promptly conked out until 4:30. That, my bloggies, is my definiton of a rockin' afternoon.
  This morning's workout was awesome!!!! It went a lil' something like this:
2 mile warmup
3x1 mile @ 8:00 pace with 2 minutes EZ in between each mile
2 mile cool down


  I went about 10 seconds faster than last week's repeats, felt strong the whole time, and even had a second wind at the end! I hadn't been getting them during most of my daily runs, except for the long runs, but three times this week I have felt like I could have just kept going and going! If only I didn't have to hop off and go shower and go to school... I would much rather stay on the treadmill, jamming out to Drake and watching ice hockey recaps.
    
This afternoon's workout was also pretty awesome, though my knee was a little sore. I accidentally banged it into my parent's nighttable two weeks ago, and then had to repeatedly slam it on the pool tile during lifeguard training while trying to hoist myself onto the pool deck, so it is a wee bit bruised. I was able to stretch it out, though, and then did:
-60 minutes elliptical, with 30 minutes of strength intervals and 30 minutes of hill intervals (those strength intervals totally kick my butt! 75 level resistance is ridiculous!!!)
-30 minutes of strength training, where some meathead who I always see in the weightroom was, if my lipreading skills are accurate, super cheesed off that I was outside the weight room taking up space and using the bouncy ball (hello, there are two more) and medicine ball. I get so annoyed with these kind of guys, and there always seem to be a couple of them around the gym. They make me feel like I have to legitimize my being in there, when in reality, I pay the same gym fee they do, and just because I am a girl doesn't mean I shouldn't be allowed to use the weights and med.balls. I may look like a tiny little pipsqueak, but I know for a fact I could kick allll their butts at a race. SO THERE.
-15 minutes in the pool, which was about 24 laps. I wanted to go for 20, but they restricted the pool to only one lap lane to due a water aerobics class, and no way was I sharing a lane with 2 people again. The other night I shared it with, count 'em, THREE swimmers, one of whom I collided with. The collision sent my calves cramping so badly I teared up and proceeded to cut my swim that I had been looking forward to all day 10 minutes short. My calves have been cramping so badly lately that I think my salt levels must be totally depleted- I am calling my doctor to inquire about salt tabs and supplements I can take. Any suggestions????
  In other news, I was totally famished this evening, so the smell of home cooking wafting into my driveway when I got out of the car sent my stomach into fits of Monsters Inc.-worthy growling. 2 bowls of white bean and turkey chili with rice later, I was a happy woman. I got even happier when I had this....

I know I am boring and have the same berry-rice pudding-whipped cream-cereal-chocolate sauce dessert every night, but honestly, it is my 2nd favorite part of the day. It signals that it is almost time for bed, and that I can go enjoy some whipped deliciousness while relaxing and reading the ol' blog. I guess eventually I will have to find other desserts, but don't worry, Kozy Shack brand, I will never stray too far. Note: I do sometimes change it up and have chocolate mint sugar-free pudding instead..Woo! Risk Taker!!!


Now I am off to chug some of this stuff and kick it to bed. Happy almost Friday!!! I cannot wait to jump into my PJs after the gym and watch some Twilight and make some egg-and-rice-curry.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my god- so jealous of your weather!!! I want Spring NOWWWWWWW

    ReplyDelete