Search This Blog

Saturday, May 7, 2011

When You are Too Tired to Eat PB Crackers

   So. Tired. 1900m swim Friday AM, 1 hour on Arc Trainer and 45 minutes of arm weights in the PM. Then, this morning.....
I miss you.
 10 mile run at 8:45ish pace. Wam. Bam. Thank You Ma'am. I did the first 3 miles with my friend Morgan, then she turned back to finish up her 6-miler and I kept on keepin' on for another 2 miles before turning around. After parting with Morgan I was doing an 8:45ish pace, but once I turned around I was suddenly flying down the trail at 8:15!!! And the insane thing??? I kept it there.... for almost the rest of the run! At least a quarter of each mile was actually around 8:05... Oh. Yeah. Only problem: rumbling stomach and dehydrated muscles.

The Cause: I haven't been drinking as much water and Powerade this week due to all the APs. I don't drink as much during testing, and when I get home I usually sleep for a couple hours, read, then go work out, so I am not hydrating a whole lot then, either. Plus, in the morning during swim practice, I rarely sip anything, as opposed to running in the morning where I down an entire bottle of water in 45 minutes.
  Also, I have been having such bad stomach problems during my runs, I decided to try out Hammer Nutrition's Perpetuem Drink.  I got the Orange Vanilla Flavor packet, because it was all the local running store had. Verdict: Mildly Nasty. Tasted like a creamsicle, and I don't particularly like creamsicles...

I was STARVING by 4 miles into the race, so I took a GU and later on ate a Clif Shot Blok... then went home and proceeded to devour an omelette and some gluten-free bread and waffles.
 And after that, a snack, dinner, and a post-dinner snack, I am STILL. HUNGRY.

Please excuse me while I crawl to the kitchen and forage for food. Or just collapse there for the night. I love the feeling of fatigued muscles, don't get me wrong, but I hate workout appetite. All I want to do is eat my entire PB jar. Perhaps I will.....

No comments:

Post a Comment