Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I Like Big Butts

 And I cannot lie. Because usually, the fact that my backside has more oomph than my front is totally fine with me, but yesterday, the supposedly "cushioning" booty failed me in a B.I.G. way. Despite my junk in the trunk, I have always had a bony backside, and you can bet that I came to a whole new understanding of just how true this was about 45 minutes into my 1 and a half hour bike trainer ride last night. No matter how much I shifted, I could not get comfortable on the seat after that, and every inch I moved seemed to make my tailbone come in even more direct contact with the seat. So, when I plopped down on the tile at the pool this morning to get my swim cap on, I. WAS. SORE.
Yeah, our thighs were that big. It's
actually a medical condition:
field hockey thighitis. Look
it up.
    Sure, in field hockey our butts were constantly sore from all the pushing off, bending over, squating, and drills that we had to do, but it was muscle sore, not bone sore. Right now, my tailbone wants a nice big bag of ice and a pillow, and considering I don't really have anything to do today besides call the UDel Admissions Office about my major, go to the pool with my girl Sarah, and do a track workout, I am seriously contemplating crawling back into bed and sitting on a pillow until, say, one o'clock...

   Despite the full-body soreness from Saturday's race, Sunday's ride, and last night's trainer ride + 20 minute brick run, I was able to push through a 4200 yd swim workout this morning. All the 100 kicks kind of kicked me in the butt (ha), but I was pretty happy that I was able to make it through the whole thing. Then my coach told me that tomorrow I can choose between a recovery day or the hardest workout of my life. [Wait, so today wasn't a hard workout?!] He obviously has not realized just how ridiculous and competitve I am, and that uttering the phrase "hardest workout of your life" makes me want to dance a jig and grab my Endurolytes and hit the ground running/ pool swimming. If you don't hear from me for more than a week, blame him.

   On a side note, I contacted the Masters swim coach at UDel about how rigorous their program is. I mentioned where I swim now, and what our usual weekly routine is, and he told me that the Club Swim team would be a better fit for me. Huh?! I mean, I guess that way I'll meet more crazies like me and get to be even more competitve since I'll get to do meets and such, but how will I get in these long workouts in the hour-long practices they have?! Huh?! HOW?! Plus they swim at 9:30 at night and that's basically when my body shuts down and tells me to go grab the foam roller, some Powerade, and a few episodes of House and call it a night.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment