Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Spinning, Crying, and General AP Awesomeness

Way to suck.
Ah, there is nothing like not rocking your goal race that turned into your let's-have-fun race after your PR then your let's-go-for-it half during the first 3 miles then your let's-finish-without-an-IV race after mile 6, freaking out about college, and taking 2 AP tests in two days to make a girl want to RUN HER BUTT OFF. Except ohhh waitt.... that ain't gonna happen because....


Psoas on Sunday: Girl, I hate you.
Me: Let's walk on the treadmill and be active!
Psoas: (cue shooting pains in groin)

Psoas on Monday: Woo, spin feels great!
Me: Woo, spin feels great!
Psoas, one hour later: Girl, I hate you.

WHY MUST
YOU TAUNT ME?!
This lead to me awkwardly stretching my groin before swim practice, but oddly, afterwards, no pain!!!! until..... Later today. It seems if I am sedentary for a while, it tightens up, and I was working for a couple of hours on art and English projects and didn't get up a whole lot, so by 5 o'clock I was tighter than compression socks. Coach SuperW said no running 'til tomorrow anyway, but I got my Runner's World and made the mistake of taking it with me when I went to spin solo today, which led to massive amounts of run-envy and race-induced drueling.



However, today the groin decided to be normal and not tighten up after working out, so I am hoping I can run tomorrow, especially since I promised my friend Morgan a spin class + a track workout, and who am I to skip out on sweating, since I seem to be so good at it??


In other news, this break from running has given me time to re-evaluate my running and contemplate low mileage with more cross-training and purposeful workouts vs. high-mileage. What's your opinion? Which one will make me more of a speed demon?

Also, new exercise goal, inspired by my serious love of spinning and Masters swimming: TRIATHLONS, BABY. Outdoors.

3 sports. More intensity. Let's do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment