Search This Blog

Monday, May 16, 2011

Sweat-Fest '11

This weekend was a sweaty one.
  Saturday, I woke up way late (well, 7:45, which is ridiculously late for me...) and my legs were SCREAMING for a run. I had to wait for my boss to call, though, which took until 11 o'clock, then I had to get my graduation dress altered, go pick up my brother from the train station, and then suddenly it was 5 o'clock???
  I still got a workout in- 6 miles of hills on the treadmill with some Arc training and some lifting- but it wasn't my normal Saturday intensity. I try and make my workouts longer on the weekends, ranging from 3.5-4 hours total each day, but I figured that this week is kind of a step-back week anyways as I navigate my way back into training after my injury.
  Sunday was a nice, easy 11 miles in the morning. I ran with my friend Jon and we both forgot our watches, which ended up being a good thing. We were able to just run by feel and enjoy the time outside on the trails. Only problem? SO. HOT. and MUGGY. Don't get me wrong, I love me some hot weather, but I was not dressed properly. I could have gone without the shirt and definitely could have used more Powerade than I brought (I may have taken some water from the Team in Training table set up on the trail... they offered!!!).
   That evening, my family was going out to dinner, so again, the total workout for the day was abbreviated: no cardio in the PM, but I got a good 55 minutes of leg weights in... which made this morning's workout SO. HARD.
Gluten-free blueberry pancakes post-long run. SO. GOOD.


  Over 3200 meters after a 17 mile weekend??? I think I actually felt myself sweating in the water...

1 comment: