Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Track is Whack. Also, Biking What?!

So I did it.
4x200s with 200 recovery, 1x400 with 400 recovery, 1x800 with 800 recovery, 1x400 with 400 recovery, 4x200 with 200 recovery.
   I didn't hit all the times Coach SuperW wanted me to, but I think this was due to a combination of heat/lack of motivation (I had to do the workout by myself, so there was no one to race against). I managed to hit my 200 times on the second set, which made me want to dance around a little, but my second 400 time and my 800 time were a little off- GRRR.
  Plus side? It is actually a struggle for me to keep the pace above an 8:30. Like my legs WANT to run at 8:00 speed normally. HEY HEY ANOTHER PR ON SATURDAY?!?!?! I feel one comin' on.

In other news: I am picking up my bike tomorrow. Super freaked out to actually learn how to change gears, work the pedals, etc. I don't think I am going to buy the clips and shoes right away- I kind of want to just get to know the bike before I add in the whole clipped-in-cannot-make-a-quick-getaway kind of thing. I plan to spend all of Thursday riding around a local parking lot getting to know the good ol' thing. Hopefully by the end of the day I will at least not look like quite as much of a noob on it, especially since I have a 1 and a half hour ride on Sunday!??!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment