Search This Blog

Thursday, May 5, 2011

12 hours of testing, 9 miles of running=Falling asleep watching Law&Order:SVU

According to my Dad, mental fatigue can be just as debilitating as physical fatigue. After shutting my eyes for "20 minutes" today and waking up two hours later, and then falling asleep again (collapsed on a footrest in front of the TV...) after going to the gym today,I most definitely concur.

3 AP tests, 225 multiple choice,9 essays, and I.AM.SO.POOPED.

Plus side????
-watching The Hills everday
-being able to make my lunch at home each day (and going out for Indian food with Dad!!!)
-hanging out with my Mom and watching House
-reading blogs
-reading BOOKS AGAIN. Promised myself I wouldn't read any more novels until I had finished studying for APs, and it is awesome to be able to crack open a good novel again
-napping
-and.... RUNNING.


Yes, bloggies, you read it right. Running!!! Finally I can walk around without shooting pains. Yeah, there is still tightness, but compared to what is was weeks ago... this is nothing.
  Last night, my friend Morgan came with me to spin and then we went to a local college campus to run. It was a run-walk type of thing, but 4 miles is four miles. And tonight... FIVE MILES with the Papa. Tightness non-existent by mile 3, and my stride opened up mile 4 and I hit my normal pace again. It feels so good to get outside and hit the pavement instead of the treadmill, and finally, running is fun again. I can't believe that 5 miles still feels like a milestone after a year filled with halves, a full, countless weeks of high mileage, and more long runs than I can count, but when you and running haven't been on a date in 3 days... four-milers and five-milers feel super boss.

  So what to do from here on out? Run less, Run faster, do my local running store's marathon training group again so I have some structure, and no more 60 mile weeks. 50 max, and you can bet your bottom dollar I will be spending way more time on cross training. I plan on being like the older woman who passed me, yes, PASSED ME, during my half last weekend. I am going to be running til they have to restrain me to the retirement home bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment