Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

ONLY TWO APS LEFT


Yes, my life revolves around these tests. Why? Because they are so mentally draining that I literally can't think for days afterwards (read: can't add up my meters in swim practice, can't correctly calculate mileage, can't remember what day it is). So obviously I am SUPER excited that my 2nd to last one is tomorrow. More exciting is the fact that it is at 12 o'clock aka I get to go to a full swim practice AND not rush into the shower AND come home and sleep/eat/yoga it up and laugh at all my peers who are snoozing their way through another lame school day.
  I can only hope that my love for academics returns when I start college... Right now, me + school=more sleeping than learning (aka I slept through two class periods today. Don't worry- all I missed was the middle of Iron Man and an entire free period).

   In other news, I SWAM A 3:08 200 in practice today!!!!! It's official:
I love swimming AS MUCH AS running. Spinning a close second... I don't know about you, but to me, this spells T-R-I-A-T-H-L-E-T-E. Plus, my coach was telling me about how the other guy at practice does Ironmans and does half marathons and marathons as training runs and I actually almost started drueling at the thought of races as training runs.... I know. I am weirdo. I am okay with it.
Today's workout:
Swim 2400 or 2500m (couldn't remember which, due to AP brain)
Hour and 5 minutes (hopefully plus another 10 minutes if I go do abs in front of la tele) of arms and abs.

Tomorrow:
AM:swim
PM: Spin, track workout 4 x 800 @ 3:35

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go wrestle my compression sleeves out of my bag to wear so I don't die in practice tomorrow, which is supposed to contain more distance and shorter intervals. Just what I like at 6 in the morning (note: this is not sarcasm. See above "weirdo" comment).
** Compression sleeves can be used as socks!!! I am so happy about this- now I can keep the medium sized ones I bought at the Charlottesville Expo!

No comments:

Post a Comment