Search This Blog

Friday, May 20, 2011

Diamondgirl


Yes, you are reading the picture correctly. This blogger has just signed up for the Delaware Diamondman Half Ironman in September.

Why?

Because I love running. And swimming. And biking. And I love a challenge.

Is it gonna be hard? You betcha.
Are some swims, runs, and rides gonna be tough and possible even disappointing? Duh.

Am I up for the challenge? Is that even a question...??


Goals for summer training and beyond:
-Swim the same intervals as the seasoned triathletes in my Masters Swim
-Run my 400's at 1:25 (currently doing them at 1:30)
-Bike my long rides at 20 mph
-Swim the 2-mile Purple Swim in August
-Run the Baltimore Marathon in October in 3:35 or less


Side note:
                            <---- not my legs. yet.It is official. I have the beginnings of cyclist-calves. One of the guys I sit with at lunch informed me I have ginormous calves. My mom confirmed they have gotten bigger. Cons: No more tight boots. Pros: HELLO HILLS, MEET YOUR MAKER.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!! I've been thinking about doing a half iron in October, but I'm not sure. I've gotta make it through my sprint tri first!! Good Luck with training :D

    ReplyDelete