Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Stayin' Alive

That's right, folks, after 4250 in the pool, 18.25 on the bike, and an hour-long track workout with 8 800's and a mileage total of 5 big ones, I am still alive, and not all that sore. Which obviously means I won't be able to walk tomorrow.
   The track workout was AWESOME. I like them anyways, since I love getting speed in and feeding off all the other crazies' energy, but tonight was especially great because it was PARTNER 800'S. Which basically means you get to meet a new running buddy, go whatever pace you feel like, and not worry about times. You do one 400 by yourself, and one 400 with your partner. My partner and I decided that we would push the pace on our solo 4's and jog it out on the ones we did together. I love getting to meet and talk to other people who love running just as much as I do, and tonight brought a great new running buddy to me. This guy lost a bet with a friend who claimed that though they were both chunky, he, the chunkier one, could do a half-marathon before my buddy could. So, my running partner started training, and after two weeks, he was still going while his friend had dropped out. He has lost 80 pounds, done 4 halves, and is training for his first full! Official hero and inspiration.
   In other news, I just realized today that I have two of the city's hilliest races this weekend and next. Smart idea? no.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment