Search This Blog

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Chafetastic.

You never know how much you love
it, until you forget to use it..
  So what happens when you go on a 13 mile run at 7 o'clock at night and forget to put some lube-lovin' on your inner thighs???

   You wind up with chafing so bad it hurts to
1. shower
2. swim
3. walk
                          And what happens when you work for 5 hours and repeated wedge yourself into the pretzel position in the lifeguard chair, thereby rubbing off large portions of your sunscreen?
     
      You end up with a splotch-burn so awesome that it hurts to
1. scratch your stomach
2. bend sideways
3. shower
     
             But I mean, other than that, the week went well.
Wednesday was the super ridiculous swim workout in the morning and spin in the evening, Thursday brought full-body weights in the morning and the long run in the evening, Friday was a speed workout in the pool, Saturday was a 90 minute bike ride and another swim speed workout, and today was *supposed* to be a 90 minute run and 40 minute bike. However, since it started thundering and raining cats and dogs about 30 seconds ago, I forsee that now happening on the treadmill and either the trainer or the spin bike at the gym...

This might have been
my dinner on Thursday.. at
9:30 pm.
I am actually really enjoying tri-training. I can tell my body is SO much stronger than it was when I was only running (hello bicep, ab, and calve muscle that I never had before), and I love the variety I have in my workouts. The breaks between each hard run really allow me to give each workout my all, and as training gets harder in every discipline, I am feeling stronger, not weaker like I did when my mileage started to bump up. The great thing about swimming and biking is that the recovery on both is so quick that I can do 4 hard swim workouts in a row with minimal fatigue, and at least 2 hard bike workouts in a row with only minor butt and calve soreness. I mean, compression socks and Recoverite smoothies definitely help, too....





In other news, I graduated! Yesterday!! It was a ridiculously hectic day,especially since I woke up late since I was at a friend's grad party until 11:30 eating crabs and having my skin burned off by a bonfire. I bascially got up, threw on my bike shorts, ate a banana, and hopped on the bike. It was a fantastic 16.21 mile ride, complete with more inclines and downhills that I care to count. My quads were dying up some of the hills, so I definitely need to work on riding out of saddle, but it was the best way to start such a special day!
  Unfortunately, in all the craziness of ironing my dress, gown, finding all my cords, etc., I didn't really get a chance to eat a whole lot. As in, the entire day up until dinner, all I had was a banana, 3 Shot Bloks, a PB&J, rice chips, and some carrots and hummus. You can bet that at 4:15 when I rolled into swim practice, I was starving. The only thing getting me through that last set of decending 4x100s was thinking of all the mexican food I was going to get to eat in an hour when me, my parents, and my brother went out to dinner, and trying to not come more than 10 seconds behind my coach, who decided to join us for the workout and simulatenously kick my butt in the process. Because of this, I got my fastest 100yd time ever, (1:19!!!) and almost killed my quads.The mexican food ended up being fantastic, and afterward we went to the new TCBY in town that is serve yourself, and is complete with NO SUGAR ADDED DARK CHOCOLATE NIBS AND HOT FUDGE. They gave us a frequent buyer card we can get stamped each time we go. Bad idea, TCBY. That card will be filled up by... next Tuesday. Max.

No comments:

Post a Comment