Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Quad Crushers

   Yesterday: 4650yds of swimming. Last 1000 was a ridiculous set of kicking and swimming, with 1 50 kick, 1 50 swim, 2 50s kick, 2 50s swim, etc. until we hit 4 50s kick and 4 50s swim. Wouldn't have been so bad, except that one of the girls from the college's swim team was there and I was trying to keep up with her kicks the whole time. My quads thanked me later on yesterday by becoming so sore that taking regular steps was a little pit painful. Obviously, my 7 mile run did not happen because of it. Instead, I chose to do core, watch The Hills, and eat dinner with my parents. My quads thanked me.
  Then, this morning, they decided after 6 100's descending in the pool to check out. Completely. As in, they were useless throughout all my 4 150s, and were so sore by the 2nd of 3 200s that I stuffed a pull buoy in between them and was about to call it quits. Thankfully, my willpower overrides my pain tolerance, and so it was that I found myself doing another set of descending 4x150s and 6x100s. Were my 100 times what they should have been, ideally? Probably not. I was about 5 seconds off my fastest time, but hey, I did what I could. I walked out of the pool knowing that
1. I did not wimp out
 AND
2. I totally deserved some pancakes. Which is why, at 8:15 a.m., I was in Mars buying sugar-free maple syrup for the amazing blueberry pancakes I made and proceeded to DEVOUR. My brother commented on vacation on how mildly apalling my massive food intake is. I think he was actually just jealous that he, too, cannot eat an entire dish of crab dip and chips by himself.

   The rest of the day was so ridiculously hectic it's no wonder I conked out at 12:20 for an hour and a half nap.
I:
-bought new running shoes (same model of Mizunos I've been wearing for a year: The Wave Inspire 7).
-got more Perpetuem, Heed, and Recoverite
-bought a bike pump and water bottle carrier
-bought my Dad a b-day present
-went to the library and returned about 10 pounds worth of books (hello lifting for the day!)
-bought a bathing suit for my swim lesson job that starts next week
-cleaned up the kitchen
-made lunch
-went on a 1:30, 18.25 hilly bike ride per Coach SuperW's request. 2,116 ft of climbing=my. quads. dying. She probably wanted this done in the morning, but somehow, sliding into an icy cold pool sounds better than subjecting my butt to massive amounts of soreness at 6am.


Now, I am about to take nap #2 before I lace up my shoes for a track workout. Which will bring the number of hours exercising today to: 4. Ya ready, quads?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment