Search This Blog

Friday, June 24, 2011

I am Insane. It's Okay.

Yep, I am crazy. I realized this after I decided to complete a marathon on only one 20 miler and 2 18 milers only 5 weeks after my half-marathon, but my race registrations as of late have officially solidified my place in the nut house. In the middle of what is getting to be some pretty intense Half-Iron training, I am running another race. A hilly one. Actually, supposedly the hilliest in the city. Granted, I signed up for this race before I knew how tired I would be from working, working out, and running around like a crazy woman all week, but still, I think the fact that I will now be racing two weekends in a row on top of a 31 hour work week, 18 hour training week, and a less-than-normal amount of sleep, is enough evidence to suggest that I left my brain somewhere on the course of my first 5k.
    Further evidence of my insanity: I have my eye on an Iron-Distance triathlon for next year. I am thinking either Chesapeake Man or Beach to Battleship, since they are close to school and allow me the entire summer to train. Plus, they are way cheaper than all the Ironmans- I mean, I want to do one of those too, but this chick wants to go to Spain over break, and $1000 plane ticket + bike repairs+race fees does not bode well for the $2000 + dollars necessary in order to register, find lodging, pay for the copious amounts of food I will consume, etc. I figured I would start saving up this year for one, though, so by my third year in college, I'll have enough money. The nice thing about going to a school with a 7 week winter break is that all that time allows me to make some serious dough that I can deposit into said athletic fund... because face it, kids, that's all I use my paychecks for anyways. That and gas. And froyo (speaking of which, there is a new frozen yogurt place that uses GREEK YOGURT to make their soft serve. AND THEY HAVE SUGAR FREE. AND IT IS SELF SERVE. I only hope they are open at 9 in the morning tomorrow when I rush in there, half-showered from my race, in my lifeguard get-up to snag me some four-ounce goodness to power me through my shift of staring at young children playing sharks and minnows for 2 hours straight).


 Also on the agenda: Seeing just how slow I run tomorrow after not tapering (it's okay- Coach SuperW didn't say to. She just said to set low expectations since there ain't no chance in hell that I'll be feeling "fresh" tomorrow), not getting enough salt all week, not hydrating enough, and lifting less than 12 hours before the race. This should be fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment