Search This Blog

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Always-Burning Furnace

This is my family nickname has been lately because I am hungry ALL. THE. TIME. Quite annoying, really. I suggested to my parents that I just get an IV and solve this whole buying-massive-quantities-of-food problem that we currently have going on in our house, made worse now that my brother, aka the Human Vacuum, is now home, but alas, no dice. It seems I have to keep on eating real food and somehow how to figure out how to get enough calories in that are not
-rice chips (so salty, sooo good)
-rice pudding
-PB&Js<---- my lunch from ages 3-13. Don't judge.
  since that's all my body ever seems to crave. Salt deficiency, perhaps??

  Being so hungry also means that if sustenance does not enter my mouth within at least 5 minutes of my stomach growling, I turn into an angry monster who wants to chew off people's heads and hands if they get in the way of me and my feeding time. I feel this is going to have to be remedied somehow, since I know that with more work shifts coming up and the eventual resurrection of school and harder workouts, this chick ain't gonna be able to shovel peanut butter into her mouth at regulated intervals all the time. Parish the thought!!
   
    Since you are obviously wondering why I am babbling on about food when this is actually a training blog, I swear, I have a thought trail I am following. See, I just finished an easy 7 mile run followed immediately by a one and a half hour lifting session, and the Bro and Pops just got home with the groceries for dinner. And it's 7:12. Which means dinner won't be ready until at least 8. Yuck.
    Unforunately, the run was done on the dreadmill because it is hotter than Hates outside and once you get about 300 feet away from the shore, there is absolutely no breeze and no shade. I watched the Tyra show, followed by "Drs.," and realized just how much I hate treadmills. How the heck did I run on them for so long?! WHO cares if it was 16 degrees outside?? I'd rather have my nose frost than run on one of those things again all winter. I am making a pact with myself to run outside as much as possible during this upcoming winter, which I think will be quite possible, since tri-training requires less runs, which means a lot less chances for my motivation to err, or, alternatively, my bum to freeze off.
     Now, I am off to go stand over my brother's shoulder (or, really, under it, since he is much, much taller than me) and see if glaring at him and invading his personal space will make him cook faster. And no, I can't ask to help. If I do, he will shoo me away and I won't be able to steal the olives that are sitting next to him.

1 comment:

  1. I feel like this post is me! I need to pack snacks with me if I'm away from home for more than...an hour? I make hubs laugh when we are ready to get in the car to go out to dinner and I'm scooping spoonfuls of PB in my mouth BEFORE dinner! (It's like a 20 minute drive!)
    :)

    ReplyDelete