Search This Blog

Monday, April 18, 2011

My WHAT is Tight?!

Me not running=super-not happy camper, especially because it is my spring break and the only things to distract me from my sore groin is... oh wait... NOTHING, (except my research paper and AP studying, but that only takes up so much time before I have to take a break from reading so my eyes don't fall out of my head. Plus, this girl needs her naps).

beeyotch.   Talked to Coach Super-W today, and she said spin easy, swim, pool run, and work the upper bod. Endorphin-addict that I am, I had to get in a long workout, which means day 2 of Emily-tries-to-work-out-her-frustration-with-dumbells/ I am going to have the sorest arms in the world tomorrow. Delayed-onset muscle fatigue is going to be a




Workout:
-9 minutes ellip.
-11 minutes reclining bike
-30 minutes spin bike
-50 minutes weights
-20 minutes pool running
-15 minutes regular swimming, half pull, half free

Plus, a massage! I LOVE massages (who doesn't), so I was super-excited to see if my lovely massage therapist could figure out what the heck is goin' on in my g-region..

VERDICT?!?!? My psoas is tight.

Your what?!?!<----- Kind of weird nude pic, but you get the idea that it's connected to the femur and spine and when tight it=back plus groin pain, which =OW.

She said the region is super-tight, and that I have to start doing Yoga ASAP if I want to keep running. I am taking the advice to heart and have already printed out a lovely little sheet of stretches to do tonight and every morning and night from here on out.

I am so happy I haven't pulled anything, but I know that the tightness is my fault, since I have totally slacked on stretching lately and didn't stretch at all post-race (way to go, Emily).



My goal is to be running by Wednesday, and you bet I will be in that pool at 6:30 am tomorrow pool running like a Boss. http://youtu.be/NisCkxU544c

No comments:

Post a Comment