Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Heinous Lameness: Epic Tales of an Electrolyte-Starved Ginger

So I get up, my hip feels good, and I am all excited to run. I write some more of my research paper (71% done, baby!!!!), clean out my closet and drawers in preparation for some Spring shopping next weekend, and made some lunch, with the intention of running after lunch. After lunch came AP studying, then a nap, then a snack, then another nap (???). I was SO tired today, and it could be because I didn't nap yesterday, but I don't know..








 I have read so much of this book and taken so many diagnostic tests that if I did blow chunks on the 'mill today, it probably would have just been APES facts. Ew.

After watching my favorite pizza-eating contest of Man Vs. Food (I could soooo beat Adam Richmond in a pizza-eating throwdown. I may not have eaten it in a year, but back when I didn't have to watch how much white flour I ate, I used to down entire pizzas BY MYSELF. It helped that I had reallly high testosterone levels that gave me the metabolism of a 14 year old boy. Ah, the good times),  I finally got to the gym around 4:30, and hit the elliptical with the hopes of meeting up with a buddy for a run around 7. Alas, he couldn't go, so I did an hour on the ellip., then hit the treadmill.
Adam, can I marry you? I promise it isn't
just for your food connections. I also
dig your pork-belly ;)
Advice: NEVER GO FOR A RUN ON THE TREADMILL WHEN YOU HAVE ALREADY DONE AN HOUR ON THE ARC TRAINER AT 10 PERCENT INCLINE ON LEVEL 100 WHEN YOUR GYM DOESN'T HAVE ITS AC ON YET AND IT WAS EIGHTY DEGREES TODAY.
Seriously fools, I actually nearly fainted. I got 3 miles in and my heart was beating out of control and I felt like I was in the desert with absolutely no wind and my stomach was going tipsy turvy like a sailboat in the wind(yes, you really needed to read all of those metaphors. I do have a Literature AP coming up, people). I sucked down my entire water bottle during the 5 miler, and was super bummed that the mileage total was that low. Then, I realized ohhh hey I AM AN IDIOT and should never try to run for 8 miles after going balls to the wall on the Arc. I got a little carried away because I hadn't exercised yet and had a lot of pent-up energy and... yeah. Way to go me.<----How can I have electrolyte problems when I down at least one of these babies every day?!?!

  After the run, I went back on the arc for a cool-down, but my HR was outta sight and I had to choose between fainting on that thing or going and doing some core. I chose core, because no one likes a fainter. I ended up getting in a final 43 minutes on the Arc after a med. ball workout, but I am so tired I am contemplating taking my nightly rest at the computer because no way can I haul myself up a flight of stairs right now.

Hopefully tomorrow I can do some hills or speed to make up for today.

2 comments:

  1. I hate cold gyms, but when they're miserably hot its awful! I did a run the other day after a long bike and about 5 miles in it was just like WHAM- Wall! Haha lessons learned: More water and more electrolytes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. geez, you're a demon -- working out to the point of fainting!? I don't think I've felt that way outside of an intense high school soccer practice.

    Unlike Chuck there above me...I LOVE cold gyms. The colder the better. it may suck when you first get going, but then it is soooo worth it.

    My gym is nasty. No AC. One summer I actually bucked up the $ to join a second gym for 3 months, just because they had AC (and I didn't want to de-activate my membership at the neighborhood, hot gym)

    ReplyDelete