Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Kiss My A$$ Psoas

Stretching+2 hour nap yesterday= my psoas feeling wayyyy better than it has since... last Tuesday? It's a little tight on both sides, still, but stretching helps, and midway through arc-training today, it loosened up, allowing me to focus more on the Trail Running edition of Runner's World I received in the mail the other day.

Unfortunately, the gym session was cut short today, since 10 minutes into pool-running, it thundered outside so they had to clear the indoor pool???? LAMESAUCE. I still got in almost 2 and a half hours, but I was really enjoying myself in the nice, warm pool and was a little bummed I had to scooch on outta there, since it wouldn't open up again for another 30 minutes and I had a Wegman's date with my madre. Picked up some protein powder, SF chocolate, Black Rice crackers (if you have not had black rice... drop what you are doing and go to the nearest sushi restaurant and ask for it. Best. Food. Ever). Edward & Sons - Organic Black Sesame Brown Rice Snaps, 3.5ozThey;re by the company Edward and Sons. GO PICK THEM UP NOW.

I did 75 minutes on the Arc, back to my normal level 10 incline and level 100 resistance, instead of the uber-wimpy 50 I had to do the day before. Felt sooo good to be sweating again, but reading that Trail mag only made me itch even more for a run... somehow I predict a 10 miler tomorrow morning with a couple miles tomorrow night??
 I also did an hour long session of weights with more squats than I care to count, but I want to make sure my legs are without muscle imbalances- hence the additional mad amount of clam-shells and leg lifts I did. Soreness soon to ensure...<-----This kid knows how it is.

I might kind of abandon my training schedule, since lately I have hated having someone else make my schedule. I know my body and how it runs, and some days it is not up for a workout, and sometimes it mentally needs more than 5 miles. Know what I'm saying?


I might make my upcoming half a progression run because NO WAY can I mentally handle a taper during the most stressful AP studying week of the year- more miles=happier me.
So, tentative schedule:
Wednesday (tomorrow): 8-10 in morning, maybe 3-4 in evening
Thursday: 6 in morning, evening track workout with the running club
Friday: 8 in morning, 3 in evening
Saturday:16ish miles, last 3 successively getting faster by :15
Sunday: Easy 6
Monday: Easy 8
Tuesday: Tempo in morning, evening 5
Wednesday: Easy 8 in morning, easy 4 in evening
Thursday: Easy 5 in moring, track workout
Friday: Easy 4 with pickups
Saturday:RACE


I am planning on 8:15 miles for the race, but who knows, since it's a flat course. I just don't want to be totally spent at the end again, since even I am not crazy enough to try and chase another PR when my psoas and I are loving/hating each other right now.
I'd like to be smiling at the end of the race, not wincing in Psoas pain...

No comments:

Post a Comment