Search This Blog

Thursday, April 7, 2011

LAMENESS

Hi kiddies.
  So, this week has been insane-wrought with AP studying, smoothie-bowl drinking, and tapering (ew). My mileage went down to 39 last week, and 34 this week, aka I am a cranky yucko-mess and all I want to do is run for hours a day. Thank goodness I have FIVE AP TESTS to distract me from this.... That's right, 5. Like the amount of fingers on your hand, senses in your body, and size of my Aeropostale jeans. I think my brain might actually be oozing Environmental Science facts and Spanish verbs as I sleep, since that is all it is crammed with from 7:50-2:15.

In relation to APs, I should probably give a heads-up that until May 11th, this bloggie might be a little...absent. I need to get my study on, and in order to do that, and run and get enough sleep not to feel like a zombie, blogging has to fall by the way-side. You'll just have to try and imagine all the fascinating happenings in my life instead of reading about them... ha.
Super-Boss Morning Oats

Other Big News:
I CHANGED MY BREAKFAST. For months I have been having stomach problems, so this week I decided that taper was the perfect time to shape-up, nutrition-wise, and see if I could solve all the bloating that left me feeling like a waddling hippo. I started eating oatmeal for breakfast again, with some protein powder, cottage cheese, banana, SF jelly, and berries in it. Mid-morning snacks were changed from protein or Lara Bars to 1/4 cup of nuts, and I took out the pretzels, crackers, and Kashi cookie in my lunches and snacks. Only 1 rice pudding a day, and less fruit, along with all the other changes, has left me feeling AWESOME. I have more energy, my stomach no longer hurts, and I know that the food I am putting into my body is much less processed and much more nutritionally valuable than the old crap I was eating before.


  Now, with my race only two days away, all I can do is hope that my training, diet, and sleep pay off into that 1:45 I am shootin' for. C-ville Half, PB&J runner is going to OWN those hills.

No comments:

Post a Comment