Search This Blog

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Ain't Nothing But a G Thing

After the race last Saturday, I took it easy, but me being the endorphin-junkie that I am, I had to sweat a little, so I did the elliptical and then lifted my arms.
  Monday, I was super stiff, but still ran the 4 my coach said to, and lifted my legs and went to Spin. We had a sub, and the woman basically did not let us rest the entire class. My normal teacher is really mellow and all about choosing your own resistance and doing the workout that feels best for you, but this sub was more the drill-sargent type, albeit with a sweet side. She told us we better not be wimpin' on the resistance since we have all been in the class for a while, and even though I kept the resistance low, I still managed to pull my left groin muscle. Yep, that's right, PULLED GROIN. Didn't show up 'til Thursday, but was probably exasperated by the 4 miler on Thursday and the total of 10 miles, 6 in morning and 4 at night, on Wednesday. I woke up from a nap Thursday and felt a little niggle, so I laid off the evening workout I was supposed to do, and ran Friday and Saturday mornings, 4 miles and 5 miles respectively, but today, with a 16 miler planned and a sore hip, my coach told me to lay off the pounding and do some upper body stuff and anything that doesn't hurt the tender zone. SUPER LAME WORKOUT. Almost all upper body, but since, as I mentioned, I am an endorphin-addict, I had to make the workout 2 and a half hours, I predict extreme upper body soreness tomorrow of epic proportions.


 Now, I know that the g-region will be better in a few days,and coach reminded me that training cannot always be linear and that I am learning just how much my body can handle, i.e. maybe not working out so much the day after a ridiculously hard effort in a race, but dude- I am so bummed right now. I had high mileage weeks planned for this and next week, and lots of workouts I was really excited for- plus, the weather here right now is spec-tac-u-lar, and I am super cheesed off I can't be outside pounding the pavement and enjoying it.

 For now, I am "resting," praying that I can run tomorrow, and living vicariously through this amazing woman: http://royalpitatoias.blogspot.com/ I seriously want to be her. Her weekly mileage makes me drool.

No comments:

Post a Comment