Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Sore Shoulders Like Woah

   Ever had one of those swimming sets where you finish your warm-up, look at the board where the set is written, and start laughing? Well, it happened to me today. Finished a 900yd warm-up, looked at a set full of IM and stroke, and started chuckling to myself. Because I had lifted 12 hours before. And my arms were threatening to fall off. And I went to bed at 11 because I was watching Degrassi (NEW EPISODE. SO GOOD). Luckily, my coaches know that a little motivational phrasing ("YOU CAN DO THIS!" "COME ON, EM!" " Just tryyy it") works almost as well as offering me pancakes at the end of practice, so of course I did the whole thing...
    I had to take off a bit of yardage to make the 200 IM intervals, but I managed to finish 2300yds of IM. In the process, I learned
-how to properly do backstroke (thanks, Coach! I had no idea I had been doing it wrong since the age of 10... glad we found out now, before Club Swimming starts and I look like a fool)
-today would have been a good day to run. My legs feel fresh and rearin' to go
-Eating only froyo for my afternoon snack on Tuesday and then not eating again until 9 o'clock does not bode well for my morning appetite, aka stomach growls from 5:30am-on
-Guns and Roses can be quite motivating for the last 400 IM

    All in all, not as bad as I thought. Pessimistic chuckles not needed. However, if club swimming makes me race anything but freestyle, screams will be heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment