Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

GrumpyPuss

This week has been quite the frustrating one, training-wise, and it's only Wednesday. Monday was a good Master's workout, complete with my fastest 100 time to date (knocked 3 seconds off since 2 weeks ago- BOOYA!). However, the rest of the day I felt like death. Luckily, the country club closed early so I got to go enjoy froyo with two friends, and any time I get frozen yogurt, I am a happy camper.
   I was not, however, quite so chipper on Tuesday morning. Luckily, neither was anyone else at practice, since we all sat on the edge of the pool talking for a HALF HOUR before getting in, and ended up only doing about 2600yds. That's the shortest swim workout I have had since April...
   Last night called for a track workout. In 100 degree weather. And guess who *forgot* to hydrate yesterday? This chick. Which lead to so-so fartlek intervals and 4/6 quality 400s. I wasn't with the lead pack that I normally am during the fartleks, which really bothered me, but I managed my fastest 400 in a while, which would have made a normal person happy, but at that point, the horribly vulgar beats eminating from my iShuffle were the only things keeping me going. Well, that and the thought of consistent 7:45 miles during Diamondman...
    Today's swim practice? Um... HOLY CRAP IT HURT. It wasn't the hardest workout we have done, not by a long shot, but with only 10 hours since the track workout and less than 7 hours of sleep, it was challenging. 5x50, 5x100, 300 recovery swim, repeated 3 times with each consecutive set decreasing in time, so by the end I got about 1 second of rest,and had to shave off a 25 from 3 of the 100's. It was the worst I have swam in a while- I didn't feel smooth, my times, with the exception of the last set, sucked, and I just generally felt fatigued. I mentioned this to Coach SuperW last night, and she pointed out that I shouldn't beat myself up since it's 1. freakin' hot as balls outside (my words, not hers, although she does tend to use such phrases) 2. I had a huge weekend, training-wise and 3. On top of the huge amount of weekend training, I also worked 17 hours between Saturday and Sunday.
    Thank goodness I have a Coach. It's nice to have someone to remind me that I am not invincible and that contrary to my belief, I have human chromosomes and it's okay to feel like collapsing into bed with a bottle of powerade and the salt shaker (yes, in case you were wondering, my electrolytes are depleted to. Hooray for high sweat rates!). In honor of this, I am going to go nap. Then lift. Then shower. Then teach a swim lesson. Then bike for an hour. Then eat. BUT then I AM GOING TO BED.

No comments:

Post a Comment