Search This Blog

Friday, March 4, 2011

TCBY and A Better Schedule

This is what I felt like on Thursday:
That is, until my momma surprised me with this:
 
Obviously I didn't want to wait to get the camera before scarfing down my NSA Chocolate with Blueberries. My mom is basically awesome, and TCBY gets way too much of our bank account...
    The day was pretty awesome after that... I got a lovely apology email from my coach, and a new schedule filled with higher mileage and two-a-days, so I was a pretty happy camper. I still think I might switch to self-coaching for the summer, since guarding can get really hectic and trying to make someone else work around my schedule would be pretty difficult. Plus, I kind of want to see if I can stay as disciplined and focused if I am my own personal coach. I think I can, I think I can...

   Yesterday's workout was 6 miles done all at 2%- first time I have ever lasted that long on that incline! Normally I have to do intervals to stay on there... Evening workout included ellipticaling, arm weights (10 lb. dumbells this time!!), and 42 laps in the pool, all freestyle. First time I have used 10 pounders in a while, and first time I have done that much swimming with just freestyle!!
   Today I tried to take it semi-easy since I have a 14-miler tomorrow and I really want to stay on goal pace, 8:45, so I just did 6.5 in the morning with hills intervals at 2 and 2.5%, and then elliptical in the evening. The elliptical almost doesn't even feel like a workout sometimes... I mean, I get to watch cooking shows AND read magazines. I would honestly stay on there or the treadmill with my NHL network all day if I could...sure beats all those AP classes....














1 comment: