Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Signs of Stress and Exhaustion

Hi. I haven't washed my hair in 4 days, got maybe 5 hours of sleep last night, forgot to put on deoderant the other day, and actually managed to nearly fall asleep during 2 of my afternoon workouts. Signs I need to go to bed earlier? I think so.
  Therefore, this post will be short, because I think after seeing my konk out immediately after my afternoon snack today, my mom is going to carry me into bed if I don't walk there myself. Gotta love my parents. Without them I would be a sleepwalking, cranky zombie.
   After Sunday's race I was a total doop and didn't replace enough of my electrolytes or glycogen stores, so I have been experiencing that awful depleted feeling I know oh so well now. I took action today and used this:


Has anyone tried these Nuun electrolyte tablets? They taste like a cross between seltzer water and gatorade, but I definitely think they replaced some of my salt loss. Plus, they turned my water a really pretty pink color.
I put them in this lovely little guy:


I bought it on Sunday at REI and it was truly the best 25 dollars I have ever spent. It has a built-in filter so I won't have to continue injesting the traces of lead in the school water. Hooray for public pipe systems!
                  

Other news of this week includes a serious contemplation about my coaching. My coach is not always the best at communicating, and frankly, this week she really didn't do well. I didn't get my schedule until today, so my workouts are now all discombobulated. After lots of contemplation last night, I was sure I was going to tell her I no longer wanted her as my coach and that I would coach myself- I even got really excited and started making my own schedule. Then, today she sent me a really nice, apologetic email that almost made up for it. I will still have to see how it all works out, since this isn't the first time she's forgotten about my schedule and not responded to emails, but we'll see how it goes. What are your thoughts on coaches? Necessary, not necessary?

Part of why I was so set on doing my own schedule is that I am hunggrryyyy for more mileage. Looking at that page in Runner's World that gives you an elite's typical schedule is currently making me drool:

87 miles a week? I hope that is me someday soon....

1 comment:

  1. Love nuun! I first discovered it when I was getting terrible side cramps during a 3 hour spin class. One of my friends had a tube and shared. Now I order it in bulk.

    ReplyDelete