Search This Blog

Sunday, March 6, 2011

24 mile Weekend

So the totals for this weekend are...
-24 miles running
-7.63 miles biking
-.75 miles swimming
-1.63 arc trainer-ing

Needless to so, I am one tired chick. My legs feel awesome, though, since yesterday I picked up a pair of these: Do yourself a favor and buy a pair of DeFeet compression socks. Your calves will totally thank you. (I have been having calf cramps and tightness all week. I wore these to bed last night after a 14 miler and 45 minutes on the arc-trainer and this morning felt like I hadn't even run! AWESOME.).
  Yesterday's run was a little scattered; I was supposed to do it with my running club, but when I met them at the usual place, the only girl who was going as long as I was planned on doing 3, running back to the start, meeting a few women, running another 3, doing the same thing, etc., and frankly, I just wanted to get out there and get 'er done! So, I hopped on home and took a 3 hour nap (unintentionally that long...I had only planned on a quick 30 min. cat nap to keep me from falling asleep on the dreadmill, since I nearly fell asleep driving back from the meeting place....), then ran that sucker into the ground. I did a boatload of inclines, and felt pretty good, though my stomach was a little too tight for my second gel at mile 10, which lead to a lack of energy a little later. It's okay, though, because I got to catch up on my favorite little Southerner:  I may/may not plan my elliptical workouts around when I can watch her show in the evenings... It seriously makes my day!!
   After the run, I gobbled up this delicious feast:
Pictured: Spinach, Tomato, Red Onion Omelete and Cottage Cheese with Berries and Kamut Puffs
 Plus....
A pita pizza! So good with Parmesan cheese, Spinach, and black pepper on top. Pop it into the oven at 350 for 10 minutes and eat yourself silly.
Other than that, the rest of my day was spent getting new running shoes, buying those socks, and seeing The Fighter. Have you seen this movie? If you love Mark Wahlberg, are a goal-setter, or really like Massachusetts accents, all of which are a yes for me, then get your butt over to the theater!!
 
So. Beautiful.

I absolutely loved the movie, and not just because you got to see him in all his fine-chiseled glory at least 19 times. I totally identified with his character, Mikey, and the struggles he went through in order to make his dreams happen and the sacrifices he had to make. The guy was constantly in the gym, on the road running, and strategizing for his next fight. The movie is based on a real boxer who ate, slept, and breathed his matches,and I think that guy, Mikey Ward, just might be my new hero.

In other news, today was an easy 10 done at 2% at an 8:47 pace inside, because it was raining cats and dogs, and while I really like running in the rain, I don't like catching colds or getting a visit from my cold-induced asthma. I may be whimpin' out, but no way am I getting sick before my two biggest mileage weeks ever (note: in two weeks I hit 58 mpw!!!!!!).

And with that, I leave you with this recipe so I can go slip on my compression socks, read some of Pride and Prejudice, and try to go to bed before 10:30.
- 1 container greek yogurt
-1/2 cup fruit, frozen or fresh
-1/4 cup milk
-1/4 cup strawberry protein powder
-3 ice cubes

1. Blend in blender, adding water if mixture looks too thick.
2. Pour into bowl and stick in fridge for 30-45 minutes.
3. Take out of fridge, top with SF choc. sauce and whipped cream, and dig in!!!


1 comment:

  1. YOU ARE AN ANIMAL!!! Holy cow.....you had a crazy awesome weekend of workouts. I WANT THOSE SOCKS!!! You are convincing me that I NEED them:)

    ReplyDelete