Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Leg Conversations and I love Pudding


After listening to my Mom just scare me to pieces about how if I get less than seven hours of sleep a night I will fall asleep at the wheel and my cells will not grow and replenish and I will not be as awesome an athlete as I can be (okay I added that last part...), I am making this a short post so I can hop/limp to bed. So, here's a quick recap of today and yesterday:

Yesterday's conversation between me and my legs:
Me: Legs, why aren't you working properly? Don't you know this is a recovery run?!
Legs: Can it, sweetie. We ran 24 miles and feel like poop.
Me: (decreasing treadmill speed): arggggg

Yup. Yesterday's run was the worst I have had in as long as I can remember... not because I had to decrease the speed, but because my legs just wouldn't pick up! On the elliptical in the afternoon, I nearly fell off I was so exhausted. I know, you say: Dumbo, why didn't you! I  answer: I committed myself to 90 minutes on that thing, plus I was in the middle of a Runner's World article...
    My thoughts on the leg fatigue? Not even carb replenishment... I focused too much on protein and salt this weekend... Darn you, nutrition!

 Today:
2.35 warmup, 5x :40 @ 8.5, :20 @ 6.0; 2x 1:40 @8.5, :20 @ 6.0, 2.5 mile cool down.
Verdict:  That's right, I'm Wonderwoman. (I am totally getting a tattoo of this or superwoman after my first Kona/Boston) My legs felt heavy at the beginning, but I stayed positive and knocked the socks off that workout!!!

And then tonight I celebrated Fat Tuesday with a delicious Frittatta made by my papa, some french toast, and more fritatta with all the leftover veggies. I think I might become a vegetarian just so I can eat more veggies... I love them more than chocolate (that is the truth). I also had my last chocolate cocoa cookies until Lent is over. I am addicted to them, so I decided to give them up. 40ish days without them? Not sure how I'll deal...

And now I am off to bed, because I have a 7 mile run tomorrow morning and I am determined to rock it no matter how my legs feel. Hopefully my playlist full of techno and Jason Mraz will help...weird combo, I know, but try it. The boy's soothing voice makes me forget all the lactic acid building up in my quads.

Also: Do yourselves a favor and go make some sugar-free instant butterscotch pudding. It is the most delicious thing in the entire world and makes me feel like I am 5 again, sitting in my kitchen in the summertime and watching my Mom pour Jello packages into my favorite blue bowl for summer cookouts. Ah, summer...
Yum Yum Yum Yum Yum

No comments:

Post a Comment