Search This Blog

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Calf Cramps and Green Food

So the past 24 hours have been totally boss, except for the aforementioned calf cramps. I took my first spin class on a whim last night and LOVED it, (though now my calves hate me), finish all my service hours for National and Spanish Honor Societiess (yes, I am a nerd), got the 4th highest grade in my class on my AP Stat test (see previous paranthesis), swam a mile for the first time since the summer, got Subway, AND got a new flavor of NSA TCBY. Basically, most awesome Wednesday-Thursday ever.
Wonder if they sponsor athletes... Froyo counts as race fuel, right???

 My calves totally cramped up after spin, though, so my workout this morning turned into the seven miler schedule for tomorrow, and then after 3 miles, my calves told me to hop off the treadmill or risk a weekend confined to ice and compression socks. So, I now have 4 miles to make up. This works out in my favor, though, because I can do them as a warm-up/stretch-out run before my St. Patty's Day-themed 5k on Saturday!!! After the tri, I found out I actually perform better at 5ks when my legs are REALLY warmed up and a little fatigued. Who knew?  

So onto my awesome dessert tonight. It was St. Patty's Day theme and totally increased my love for pudding. Pistachio flavor? Delicious. And totally went with the Green Powerade.

And now, I have to limp (again) to bed to stretch my once-again misaligned nerve (every 3 months, the nerve in my left glute moves out of position and requires severe kneading that only a masseuse can do, since I can't bear to inflict that kind of pain on myself with the foam roller. Not even when House is distracting me...), and wake up at 4:30 to do my hill workout! Main set: 2x 4x 2:00 @ 7.0 @ 4%, 2:00 @ 8.5 @ .5%.

I have a second run to do later tomorrow as well that I wish could be done outside, but alas, it is raining cats and dogs. Flood, no school? One can only hope...






No comments:

Post a Comment