Search This Blog

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Crabs. The Shellfish, not the STD

So I could lie and say I have been super busy and that's why I haven't been posting, but I'm an honest girl, so I'll just be real and tell you that I've spent my weekend getting sweaty, reading Dean Karnaze's latest book, and eating crabs.
   Yesterday was supposed to be a long run but, despite having it for two months now, I still do not know how to properly work my iPhone alarm system and I woke up 30 minutes before I was supposed to be at the meeting place for my run (and the place was 45 minutes away). So instead I schlepped down to the trainer for my weekend long ride. 1.5 hours and 3 episodes of Man v. Food later, I got off and headed to the local rummage sale to buy some books and a pair of absolutely fantastic never-worn suede high heeled boots with 60's crochet on it. Best. Purchase. Ever. (Besides the Cole Haan boots I got last year...).
    After timing a swim meet and eating a Chipotle salad the size of a small infant, I went to bed at 6:45. I know, I know, I am a party animal. But, I had an excuse. Race for the Cure was this morning! And I was going to get in 4 miles beforehand to warm-up! Then the iPhone alarm system decided to fail me again (or maybe I accidentally set it for Saturday??) and I woke up 15 minutes before we were supposed to leave. It's all good, though, since WE DIDN'T EVEN GET TO RACE. That's right- got to the starting line 20 MINUTES after the race started. The buses were all backed up so we got to stand in line for 45 minutes with 400 other freezing racers dolled up in their finest pink. My Dad and I jumped into the race halfway through and ran 1.8 of the 5k course. Does standing+sprinting still count as racing for the cure? I think so.
    Possibly the best part of the weekend, other than the crabs? My two hour long run, the first one since April!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment