Search This Blog

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Cold Front What What?

It is supposed to get down to 32 degrees tonight. I could still see my breath at 11 o'clock this morning. It is supposed to snow on Saturday. WTF FALL YOU HAVE ANOTHER TWO MONTHS LEFT.

   In other news, running continues to be awesome, but I am having an insane moral dilemna going on because of it: Do I do outdoor track when I get to school and risk having to give up my weekly long runs in favor of someone else's training schedule that, according the coach, will include a possible decrease in mileage? I love love love my long runs, and am starting to realize that the points in my life when running has become less enjoyable have coincided with a focus on speed, PR's, and pace. When I just run by feel, doing tempos on the fly and taking slow days when needed, it when I have had my best PR's. Am I willing to give this ability to listen to my body up in favor of competing for a team and making friends?

1 comment:

  1. I am slowly realizing that I was probably a better runner when I didn't give an eff about training than I am now, trying to do a "serious" speed workout once a week. I'll have to test this theory. But you may be on to something....

    ReplyDelete