Search This Blog

Sunday, January 30, 2011

BERRY PIE and Invincible Legs

So this here is my usual dessert: 2 no-sugar-added rice puddings, microwaved frozen berries, a handful of Kashi Rice Puff cereal, and a dollop of canned Whipped Cream. It basically tastes like a berry pie and is DELICIOUS. And it satisfies my fruit addiction.. I think I could live off of it and be a fruitatarian, as long as I could also eat peanut butter. And pretzels.


Today was actually a lot busier than I expected it to be. Though, compared to my one-day school week that involved lots of loafing around and TV-watching/blog-reading, I guess anything would seem busy! I did 8 miles this morning on the treadmill on a 2% incline at around 8:49 pace. I added in a spurt of 8:40 pace every 10 minutes so 1. I wouldn't get too bored and 2. I can continue to increase my long-run pace. After almost 3 Food Network shows, I was done! It was strange- I did a hard 10 yesterday, but my legs actually felt BETTER today. I am hoping this is not a fluke and that I am actually turning into a superhero-athlete.
                 The rest of the day involved going to the hardware store to get ceiling paint for my dad, going to the library and checking out what felt like 110 lbs. of books and magazines, folding laundry, and a trip to the gym for a half hour of weight lifting, 20 minutes on the elliptical, and 20 minutes in the pool. My legs are suprisingly not sore after my first >40 mile week since my late November marathon! Then again, they also have that "the second day is always worse" rule, so tomorrow I could possibly feel like total poop on my morning 6 miler... Hopefully not!!

My usual workout schedule looks something like this:
Monday: Easy 6 miles at 8:30
Tuesday: Track workout
Wednesday: Easy 6 mi. at 8:30
Thursday: Track workout
Friday: day off from running***
Saturday: long run
Sunday: long run.
***I also do cross training every day in the form of a combination of the bike, elliptical, swimming, strength training or weights. I definitely do not recommend this to everyone, as it adds up to about a 16 hour training week, but without the cross-training I get tight and my hip and ITB get angry. Plus, I just love sweating for 2 hours out of every day (sarcasm. I sweat more than any woman or man you have ever met). And, I break it into a morning and evening session so I have the whole school day to recover between exercising sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment