Search This Blog

Sunday, February 13, 2011

My Legs Hurt

   My legs hurt. And my elbow, knee, and shin, (which are part of my legs...). I woke up this morning and felt like someone had repeartedly thrown me on the ground, which, considering how many times I had to launch myself onto that pool deck, sort of happened. I ate my pre-run breakfast, but for the first time in a while, seriously considered undressing, putting my PJs back on, and climbing back into bed. Some mornings I don't exactly want to do my run, but then I remember how good it will feel. Today, the prospect of a runner's high didn't even excite me. The workout went by quickly, though, and I was off the treadmill within an hour and 10 minutes and back in the comfort of my PJs. In the shower, I discovered 4 bruises from yesterday on my shins and elbows, hence the pain. I was also coughing like a seal in the shower; no idea why, I hope I am not getting sick! I ended up not having breakfast with my cousins because I was so tired, so I stayed home and made this:

Pumpkin-sweet potato-french toast

I made some awesome french toast, with half a mashed sweet potato, apple sauce, and 1/2 cup of canned pumpkin as the "filling," except I couldn't really make a french-toast-sandwich out of it because the filling was so thick! I also put a slather of peanut butter on both pieces of bread and a slice of apple, and dipped the outside of the slices in an egg white with milk and cinnamon. It was a hearty, filling breakfast, and after finishing it I fell asleep at the kitchen table...
   Needless to say, most of the rest of the day was spent napping, though I did go to Wegman's with my Mom and buy some awesome nacho kale chips, among other items. I'll get the brand's name on the next post, because you seriously must try them. They are crunchy and spicy and sooo good!! I also watched quite a good amount of the Cooking Channel, since all of their Foodography shows were dessert-based and therefore mouth-watering to watch, plus some Cupcake Wars while at the gym. I love catching up on my food shows when I work out, since I rarely get to actually sit down and just watch TV during the week. Plus, I feel like the obese-slug-making-TV watching is canceled out by the working out...


 Workout today:
-8.25 miles in morning: 2.25 warm up with pickups, 3x1 mile @ 7.4 pace, 2:00 EZ in between each repeat, 2.25 mile cool down (my legs were so worn out afterwards!!
-3.25 miles in the afternoon on 2% at 7.1 pace. The first 5 minutes, I thought I was going to have to get off I was so tired, but I managed to stick it out. I think Ace of Cakes helped...
-35 minutes on elliptical (with one ridiculous quad cramp that made me stop and stretch and want to lie down on the floor and take a nap for a bit...)
-leg strength. I could only do about 30 minutes today; that pool training wore me out like no long run or workout ever has

  And now I have to go to bed because my legs are screaming and I am falling asleep at the PC. Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment