Search This Blog

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Hypothermia and A New Breakfast

I was reading Lolzthatswim's blog today, and she had some pretty good advice on how to keep up a good readership. More pictures, less text, and discussions of things outside of running. Well, I guess I should start introducing you to the writer behind this blog, and I'll try to put in more pictures, but honestly, running is the center of my life. It is my passion, my love, and what I hope will someday be my career. Plus, pretty much all of my friends from school dumped me as soon as I got healthy, so on the weekends now I mostly just get homework done, catch up on sleep, and hang out with the family. And honestly? I wouldn't have it any other way.

  Now that the sappy stuff is over, on to my extremely hectic day filled with:
-2 hour morning workout: 1 hour speed intervals on bike, 1 hour hill intervals on elliptical
Me staring at the horrors of my hand. Yes, there is a sweatshirt covering my mouth. Why? Because I have a zit the size of Canada on my chin.
-6 hour lifeguarding class where I developed the beginning signs of hypothermia (oh, you think I am joking. I am not. I got confused, lost focus, my hands turned purple, and I started convulsing I was so cold. I was in there so long that my once hydrated hands, thanks to Aquaphor, now resemble prunes)
-speeding homework session in the morning in which I managed to do all my Stat homework and part of my Spanish in under 30 minutes. Ultimate win!!!

 Luckily, I also got to eat this: 
Greatest omelette ever. 1 egg, 3 egg whites, veggie pepperoni, red onion, green pepper, Kalamata olives, parmesan cheese. SOO YUMMY!


And now I am off to bed to finish my art project so I can get up early and do my workout before going out to breakfast with my parents, aunt, aunt's boyfriend, cousins, and uncle. The place we are going for breakfast is famous in our city, but most of the stuff is either stuffed french toast or loaded sandwiches. I am thinking of a huge omelette or an egg and avocado sandwich... We'll have to see what the stomach says post-workout. Could be craving a PB&J! Speaking of which...
I did not have a PB&J this morning!! Because I had one for lunch.. Instead, I had the usual banana, and cottage cheese with fruit, alongside a pita with Laughing Cow Cheese and Smucker's Low Sugar Strawberry Jam. It tasted BETTER than a bagel with creem cheese and jelly. The pita was warm, the cheese was melty, and I ate it just as the sun was coming up. A good start to a ridiculously hectic day.

One question to leave you with: How to motivate myself to get back into the pool and train for my indoor triathlon later this month after today's misery in the pool....?

No comments:

Post a Comment