Search This Blog

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Diamond Girl

Good news: I am officially a triathlete!
Better news: I placed 2nd in my age group!
Best news: My run pace was 6:50!

So why am I not happy? Well, I am absolutely ecstatic about my overall performance, especially on the run, but my feelings on my swim time are not to quite the same tune. I trained for MONTHS to better my stroke, my form, my speed, everything, and while this race wasn't the end goal, it sure was supposed to be a milestone. My coach told me to aim for 16 minutes.. and I was more than a few minutes off. I felt like I was really pushing the whole time, and I know that there was a current, but I am still disappointed. Stupid, I know, since I threw down some sick times on the run and managed to not die on the bike (I even passed two people!), but still, this stinks. I am trying my best to look at the overall win and the fact that hey, I finished my first triathlon, which is really more important. That, and the fact that I won some more hardware. Because let's face it, people, I can tell myself and everyone else all about how I am "just doing it to finish," "out there for the experience," but when I saw those girls with numbers corresponding to U19 on their calves? You bet I wanted to podium the H-E-Double hockey sticks outta this race. CHECK.

No comments:

Post a Comment