Search This Blog

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Tired Tootsies

No one ever tells you that 9.5 hours on your feet is going to be a little tiring. Actually, maybe they did but I didn't listen. Until now.
   Since I am taking a semester off and I tend to get antsy if I don't have 89 things going on at once, I got a job at the local running store that I have been a loyal customer of since my early years as a runner (read: 7th grade). I am totally loving it, but I didn't realize that working a ten-hour shift at the pool is not quite the same as working a shift of almost the same length at the store. I didn't bring NEARLY enough food, for one. I was really busy every day I was there, so there wasn't a whole lot of time to stop and eat, but almonds and dried fruit are not going to sustain my 14 year old pubescent boy-appetite from lunch time until 7:30. Ain't no way.
   I also didn't wear the right shoes. I bought Ryka minimalist shoes to wear during work, but my feet are killing me by the end of my shift. I really want to just go barefoot, but I know this is completely inappropriate during work hours, so I am saving my money up for some Vibrams.
   In other news, my runs lately have been AH-mazing. After a month of minimal mileage and lots of recovery, I am so excited to be back into daily runs and the upcoming fall racing season. The Pandora App on my iPhone has also been helping; it's hard not to get excited about running when I know that Dev and Lil' Wayne will be the music of choice.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment