Search This Blog

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Oh Leaf Mold, How I Hate You...

 When everything else in your life is up in the air, it's nice to know that no matter what, you will still get sick 2 weeks out from your A race of the season. Wednesday greeted me with a sore throat and a headache, and
Thursday's run was coupled with chest pains, side stitches, and a general feeling of almost complete suckishness for the first 2 of 7 miles. Luckily, things went better after that, but it was touch and go for a while, with me contemplating laying down in the ground and taking a quick snoozer rather than tackling yet another monstrous neighborhood hill (seriously, it's like I live in freaking San Francisco).
   I am feeling on the mend at this point, but still sound like Snuffleofagous, which should bode well for the sick nasty 8k cross country race I signed up for tomorrow. The website describes the course as "extremely challenging with lots of hills"- just the way I like 'em! I bought some new trail shoes since my Asics Gel Trail Sensors have officially seen better days, so I am hoping my new Brooks Pure Grit will send me flying to a speedy, painless finish (joke).

No comments:

Post a Comment