Search This Blog

Friday, April 1, 2011

Where Does the Time Go?

Yes, I know I haven't posted since...Saturday? Sunday? But remember, bloggies, I have a race in 8 days and I need my beauty sleep.
  So what have I been up to, you ask?
Well.... Monday was a rest day after my progression run because my stomach was queasy and I felt awful all day and only managed 90 minutes on the good ol' Arctrainer before calling it quits and coming home to pita bread and applesauce
  Tuesday was an EZ-Hard workout, with speeds going up to 7.8 and cool downs at 6.7 for a total of 9 miles. I was a little weak from a lack of food (all I had that morning was toast- not exactly the breakfast of champions), but I finished it!!
Oh Spin bike, how you chafe me.
   Wednesday I was back to 'normal,' but my six-miler was awful: I could barely keep up the 8:30 pace, and my breathing was off. Spin was way harder than usual, and I ended up feeling pretty discouraged by the end of the night.
    Yesterday was a nice, easy 4 miles in the morning, and I felt SO much better. I was a tired chica, though, and took an hour and half (!!) nap after school, which lead to me not getting home from the gym until 8:00. Good thing I have no sense of hygiene and passed off my 1/2-mile in the pool as my "shower" so I could fall into bed a bit earlier than I otherwise would.
   Today- AWESOME hill workout. All that running at 2% has really helped, because I did 3 x 400 @ 4% and 3 x 800 @ 3%, and the 3% felt easy-peasy!!! I decided that my new running goal, besides getting up to 80 miles a week by August, is to eventually be able to do all of my runs at 3% or 4%- I feel like this will really help with my endurance and overall strength, and will help me through all my races, since I accidentally always pick ridiculously hilly courses (my first half-marathon was on the list of hardest race courses in the US... I did not know this until 2 months after I had signed up).
   This week was tough, but I am now officially a fourth-quarter senior, and have only 6 weeks left of school! Hard to think when I started this blog, I was barely half-way through!!!

 And now, I am off to let my delicious sushi digest. Tomorrow morning calls for an easy 8-miles... I will be so happy when this taper is over- Saturdays aren't the same without runs of over 10 miles...

No comments:

Post a Comment